Monday, August 12, 2013

Revlon "Pina Colada"

So this was my first venture into yellows! After much research, it seemed that "Pina Colada" would be right up my alley. A nice buttercup yellow, and $2.99 at the grocery store. Sweet! 

This was a little difficult to apply, but since I planned on doing polka dots (SO FUN!) with Essie "Turquoise and Caicos" anyway, it wasn't a big deal. Wearing it on its own would be difficult, since the brush strokes were pretty obvious. The best way to apply it, I found, was to do one thick coat rather than several thin coats, and then just wait for it to dry.
Also, can I just re-iterate my love affair with Essie "T&C"?! Aaaah-mazing. The sea-glass color just gets me every time. Love love love. I had a lot of issues the first time I wore it, but not this time. I recently switched my top coat from Revlon 'Gel gloss' to "Seche Vite" after reading all the rave reviews on it. Let me tell you - totally worth it!!! This stuff is amazing. My nails dry tough as can be in like 2 minutes. Seriously, if you don't already have this stuff, go get it! Now! 




No comments:

Post a Comment