Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Essie "Bachelorette Bash"

"vegas, anyone? girls' night out just got fashionably hotter with this wildly flirty, juicy fuchsia polish at your fingertips. vivacious creamy nail color is all the rage." -- Essie

Oh yum. This shade is a bright, shiny hot pink -- aptly named 'Bachelorette Bash,' it is the PERFECT polish. Super smooth application, so shiny it didn't even need a topcoat (which of course I used anyway -- four days before tip wear! That's pretty good for me!). Quick-drying, two thin coats and we were done!

I'm trying to show you my first attempt at polka dots here - I used a matter top coat on my ring finger, then using the head of a bobby pin, placed approximately eleven dots on my ring finger, creating super shiny dots! It was subtle, but I loved it. In the words of my SO, "Some girl out there somewhere would totally flip out over this, wouldn't they?" -- Yes, dear, they would. And by 'they' I mean 'me.' This turned out to be way easier than I thought, evening in applying dots with my non-dominant hand. I mean, just place a dab of polish on some tin foil, dip the head of a bobby pin in it, and dab it onto your nail. Not exactly rocket science (of which I am an expert, incidentally. ;) )

So can you see my dots in these photos? I googled 'polka dot manicures' and came up with literally GAZILLIONS of photos -- the nail blogging community is so flippin' creative, I can't stand it! Looking forward to showing you many dotted manicures in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment