Friday, June 21, 2013

A England "Lady of Shallot"


So I know I said I was going to post a coral, but HOLY CRAP - I was having a craving for a navy polish. Do you ever have a color craving? Like, 'oh man, wouldn't a dark sparkly navy be just divine??' or 'Hey, I could really use a hit of turquoise today?' I was totally dying for a navy polish, and one with sparkle that would still be work-place appropriate. 

And I am new to the Nail Polish World, I know, but I've been doing my research online and saw how everyone was raving about A England polishes. To top it off, the designer Adina just so darn creative and clever with her names and colors! She describes this one as  "a captive and ethereally beautiful sapphire heart, shrouded in a blackened curse." Isn't that just the most poetic thing you've ever heard? Of course I was hooked. 

I wish my photos really captured how absolutely gorgeous this was. The best way I can describe this is "the sophisticated woman's black polish." In the harsh fluorescent light of my work environment, this is a dark, sexy inky navy blue, almost black. In the sunshine it is captivating. It's black without being goth, darkly colorful without being vampy. Just spectacular. It flashes with deep blue sparkles, like sparkles of stars reflecting in the ocean. (Is my poetic description as image-evoking as Adina's??)

I thought a dark polish like this would take me back to my not-so-flattering goth teen days (black lipstick anyone?), but this is just so grown-up! This isn't a goth/vamp dark polish, this is a 'holy shit I'm wearing sapphires on my finger nails - I must be a friggin princess' kind of color. I am so enamored.

So this collection is entitled 'Gothic Beauties,' and there are four more polishes that sparkle with red, green, purple, and silver sparkles. I may have to have each and every one of them. I am shamelessly going to refer you to Ommorphia Beauty Bar - and show you a picture of her 'Lady of Shallot' swatch and admit my own humble shortfallings with photography (perhaps my next hobby!). (But look at this photo! Look at it!! How amazing is this polish?!)



Did I mention this was a gloriously thick polish, completely opaque in 2 coats, and dried completely in UNDER 2 MINUTES? A++ in my book. 

Go out and buy this. RIGHT NOW. Do it. You will thank me for it, I promise. 


1 comment:

  1. I am just starting to get into A Englands and I am finding them to be a bit difficult to photograph! So much depth! I found that I needed a top coat for mine because it dried dull but asides that, A Englands are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete