Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

Firstly, I realize it's been a  very, very long time between updates. However, since I doubt anyone is reading this blog anyway, I guess I don't have to apologize. :)

I have been furiously busy! First, let me show you what 17 donated Chemo Caps (and one very curious kitty) looks like. I donated to Knots of Love. If you are interested in donating Chemo Caps, premie caps, or baby blankets, it is an amazing nation-wide site. Check it out. I think I will be taking a break from caps for awhile, since I have a few more giant projects lined up!







Here is my other newly-completed project, loosely based on the Ron Weasley Blanket. I've been knitting squares of left-over worsted and DK weight yarns for what feels like years, and finally realized I had enough for a VERY large blanket (big enough for a twin-sized bed, or a large cozy couch throw!). I cast on 30 stitches on size 8 needles, and cast off when it was square (they ended up being about 6 3/4" on each side). I am kind of in love with this blanket. It is super soft and cozy, big enough for me and my DH to snuggle under together on the couch. :)

Isn't this gorgeous!? 

I've also made some awesome progress on my Knitted Zig Zag Afghan.  It is almsot 50% done. Very soft and warm. I am in loved with Red Heart Soft yarns after this.

I calculated my number of stitched when I cast on to be approximately 90" wide. I thought it was going to be narrow, but it is almost 96" wide. Perfect for our queen-sized bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment